Growing God's Kingdom
Our school opened in 1959 in the basement of Clarkson Christian Reformed Church. Two teachers taught 44 students in two classrooms. In the years that followed, God blessed our school with incredible growth. Today, we are igniting wonder for God, neighbour, and creation in the hearts and minds of 370 students.
Our enrollment has exploded over the past five years. Each year, there are waitlists for some grade levels, and some families must be turned away. Years of increased enrollment created a growing demand for classroom space. This growth came at the expense of vital learning spaces. Our Library, Language Learning Program, and Student Support Services currently share one room. We no longer have dedicated science and art rooms. All of our 19 classrooms share one gymnasium. Our Music Room is now a classroom, and students learn to play their instruments on our the stage in our gymnasium. We lack proper breakout spaces for group work and student collaboration.